Miss Lucille K. Newport, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Newport of Port Dickinson, N.Y., marries Burton Barber of Binghamton, N. Y. The wedding takes place on Saturday, 3:45 p.m. at the Homer Avenue Methodist Church in Cortland, N.Y. on August 5, 1950. Rev. Lullus D. Bell from the Geneva, New York First Methodist Church performs the ceremony.
Rev. Bell is a 1925 graduate of Syracuse University, my alma mater. The picture right is from his college yearbook.
Mr. and Mrs. Harold Whiting of Geneva, Burton’s mother, Leoria and his step-father, are the attendants. A bridal dinner held at the Hotel Cortland precedes a wedding trip.
The routes the parties travel are below:
- Was that Leoria Whiting’s pastor from Geneva?
- Did Leoria play the organ for the Geneva First Methodist Church?
- Did she play it for the wedding?
- Who else was there?
- Did they choose the location because it was half way or because Carolyn is in college at Cortland?
- Did Carolyn Barber attend?
- Where did they go on their wedding trip?